- Special Education Acronym/Terms
- WSPEI- Wisconsin Statewide Parent-Educator Initiative
- State Superintendent's Council on Special Education
- Disability Areas: Autism, CD, EBD, Hearing, LD, OHI, OI, S/L, TBI, Vision
- Eligibility Criteria (CD, LD, EBD, Autism, Vision...)
- Special Education District Profiles
- Students with Disabilities and Statewide Assessment
- Creating Agreement
- MPS Class Notice
- Information Update Bulletins
- Indicator 8 Guide
- An Introduction to Special Education (May 2007) - En Espanol Hmong
- Special Education Rights for Parents and Children (required legal notice)
En Espanol Hmong
- Special Education in Plain Language, Updated 2009: A User Friendly Handbook on Special Education Laws, Policies and Practices in Wisconsin.
Interactive web version - English Print Version - En Espanol
This is not a substitute for the legal notice above. The contents of this document were developed under a grant from the Department of Education. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.
- Beginning December 31, 2008, a parent of a child with a disability may revoke consent for the provision of special education and related services. The revocation of consent must be in writing. Upon receipt of the written revocation, the school district must promptly provide prior written notice in accordance with § 300.503 a reasonable time before stopping special education and related services.
The department has developed two model forms to assist districts in implementing this change in special education law. Form P-5 may be used to document written revocation of consent. Note, however, parents may use other ways of providing written revocation, and this form is not required. P-6 is a form districts may use to provide the required prior written notice. The department has also revised the Model Procedural Safeguards Notice and form P-1 (Determination and Notice of Placement: Consent for Initial Placement).
- Purchase/Order Information for Opening Doors Publications