Collecting and analyzing data is part of the ongoing cycle of professional development. It is the beginning of the process and the heart of the continuous improvement cycle that ties to Steps 6 and 7 and maintains the cycle.
- How does your school go about examining their own data? What information needs more clarification?
- What data was used to identify student need and to set priorities for school improvement and professional development?
- Did the team look at local data in addition to state accountability tests?
- What additional questions does the data generate?
- What do the trend lines in student performance data suggest about the effectiveness of the present staff development initiative?